As a teacher, one of my favorite books was always Leo the Late Bloomer (Robert Kraus). A sweet story about a young lion who's always a bit behind his peers. His father worries but Mom is convinced he's just a "late bloomer". The best line is on the last page . . . "Leo bloomed!"
We feel that way with Frankie this week (although Frank was never worried!). He's always been a bit behind: slow to roll, walk, talk. But just this week he's really seemed to bloom! He's talking in full sentences ("I want that, Mama!") and participating in pretend play with Lexi (saying, "Arrrgh, Mateys!"). He thanks people who hold the door for him and voluntarily says goodnight to Lexi & Henry. It's so neat to see his personality come through!
2 comments:
Just to note, I have never worried about his abilities. That's my Boy!
I think Go Book played an integral role! Yay! I can't wait to talk to him!
Post a Comment