Praise God for Parent/Teacher Conferences! I know I felt differently when I was teaching but as a mom a week post-surgery who really wanted to sleep in and not have to get kids ready for school . . . HALLELUJAH!
Around here, a day off school meant sleeping until 8AM (wahoo!), a bath for Mom, playing and lunching with neighbors, watching 101 Dalmations 2 (less creepy Cruella = better movie as far as the boys are concerned), and making new personalized forks*! We have four more days off school to top this fun and so many more activities Mom can supervise from the recliner! Three cheers for conferences!
 |
| Henry intently working on his fork! |
 |
| Showing off the creations (and their tongues, for some reason)! |
Look closely at the family photo . . . Notice anything exciting? Yes, that's Mom wearing jeans! It took a full 8 minutes to get them on over the cast and I'll probably have to sleep in them for the next 10 weeks or cut them off but at least I felt normal-ish for a day!
*I know you're dying for personalized forks like these (unless you're Grandpa and you already got one for your birthday!). We wrapped oven bake Sculpey clay around the handles of super cheap forks from Wal-Mart and baked them on a cookie sheet at 350 for 10 mins. They're DW safe and Lexi's been using the spoon she made in Kindergarten almost daily for the last three years and it still looks perfect!
No comments:
Post a Comment