At 3 weeks shy of his 2nd birthday, I had my first "conversation" with Frankie last night. While he's still quite far behind his peers in terms of speech, we've seen real gains the last 6 weeks. Here's how the conversation went . . .
I was on the computer & the kids were watching one of their two coveted daily TV shows. Frankie started saying, "Uh-oh! Uh-oh! Uh-oh!" (like 20 times!). I ran upstairs and there was a notice on the screen that a recording was about to start on the DVR so the channel would be changed. Before I could find the remote, the channel changed to Sunday Night Football. Frankie got louder saying, "Uh-oh! Get the ball! Uh-oh! Get the ball!" He was frantically telling me to get it off football and back on Clifford! I changed it back and he sighed and said, "Ah, Dog." Only a mother could think that was a conversation and only I would be so happy!
1 comment:
What a great conversation!
Post a Comment