Sunday, October 31, 2010

"Best Goody Ever"

For the first year ever, Frankie really understands what birthday parties are all about! He's been counting down the days until his "dinosaur party" this weekend and it was worth the wait!

We started with some outdoor play (Praise the Lord for warm Oct. 30 weather!). Then the kids completed the color-coordinated dinosaur footprint treasure hunt Lexi and I had set up.

A mildly-enjoyed game of "Pin the Tail on the Dino" (come on, not ONE kid had pinned the tail on anything before?!), pizza, cake, and then the balloon dinosaurs I've been perfecting all week! As they were leaving, one of Frankie's friends (another hardcore dinosaur fan), held up his balloon Stegosaurus and told his mom, "This is the best goody EVER!" In my book, that's a success!
























Compare this cake to lopsided cake I tried to make for Lexi's birthday!








2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy belated birthday Frankie!!

Melinda said...

Sam would concur--he loved the balloon animals!